Eximo Covid_19 policies for teaching in 3rd party covid safe venues
We are keen to return to face to face teaching to give those that didn’t engage in online lessons a chance to go back. Our policies are in place to make this as safe as we possibly can by reducing risks as much as possible. As government rules do not clearly state that we are allowed to teach in other people’s houses we have sought out “Brighton Electric”, which states that they have made their premises “Covid Safe”. Their guidelines must be followed and Eximo has added some extra guidelines to make sure we are as safely as possible.
Any queries about the H&S of being in “Brighton Electric” please contact the venue. Eximo does not take responsibility for the H&S in the venue. Our extra safety measures are in place for the specific teaching practises happening whilst in the venue to reduce risk of transmission during lesson times.
Eximo H&S policies to be strictly followed:
- Follow all the venue instructions and take special care in entering/exiting and hand hygiene
- If the student/teacher and anyone in their household is considered vulnerable/at risk, face to face lesson with Eximo cannot take place
- Teachers are to take a measure tape with them and mark out the space where they and the students will be placed for the lesson before the student enters the room
- Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times
- For Singing lessons please stay at least 2m apart, where possible 3m or better, as far as possible without compromising the lesson quality.
- For Piano lessons, we are keeping in line with government guidelines of 1m+ and maintain 2m wherever and whenever possible but will keep to at least 1m+ at all times.
- When singing, do not face each other but either stand side to side or back to back whilst maintaining 2-3m distance
- Both teachers and students must wear a face mask and/or a face shield. Face masks are more likely to protect others than yourself and face shields are more likely to protect yourself than others. Please keep this in mind when choosing just one of the other.
For face mask use please watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciUniZGD4tY
For visor use please watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EATqw6m44RY
and follow the instructions in the video. Please turn up with your protective choice on, ready for the lesson
The following are government guidelines for wearing face coverings:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and before and after removing it
- when wearing a face covering, avoid touching your face or face covering, as you could contaminate them with germs from your hands
- change your face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- continue to wash your hands regularly
- change and wash your face covering daily
- if the material is washable, wash in line with manufacturer’s instructions. If it’s not washable, dispose of it carefully in your usual waste
- You can make face-coverings at home. Find guidance on how to wear and make a face-covering on GOV.UK
- Before moving to a full lesson, a 20min trial lesson will be arranged to make sure both parties are happy to adhere to all the policies. Every person is different and whilst in theory these measures work, not everyone will find they will work for them until they have been tried out.
- The number of students a teacher should teach will be limited to the absolute necessary minimum and online lessons will be encouraged as much as possible
- If a teacher teaches multiple lesson a day, a break will be given in between lessons to wash hands / use hand sanitiser and for the room to be cleaned / swapped
- Any equipment a teacher may bring must be cleaned at arrival, before leaving and when arriving at home.
- To get to the lesson please follow government travel guidelines stating: Avoiding using public transport, and aiming to walk, cycle, or drive instead. If using public transport is necessary, wearing a face covering is mandatory.
- Please communicate if extra training / advice is needed to be able to adhere to all the policies
- If piano teachers want to demonstrate something and do not have a separate piano available, please wipe the piano thoroughly before and after using it and make sure that whilst swapping over the 1m+ rule will be adhered to at all times. You must also use hand sanitiser before touching the piano.
- Sheet music and other lesson material shall not be shared or handed out. Please make sure that students/teachers arrive prepared and it has been discussed previous to the lesson what you may need to bring to your lesson. If you are unsure, please contact your teacher beforehand.
- No foods shall be eaten during the lesson, drinking bottles must not be put on the floor/equipment etc. and must be kept in a personal bag. Hand sanitiser must be used before using taking a drink
Symptoms according to the CDC are (We want to keep our teachers/students safe. Our measures go beyond government guidelines, but even in post pandemic times we wouldn’t want you showing up with any of these symptoms to avoid common transmission of colds/flus either):
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Within 24hrs of your lesson, students & teachers must fill out our online form to confirm that you and anyone in your household hasn’t had any of the Covid19 symptoms and you haven’t been in close contact to anyone with symptoms outside of your household in the last 14 days. You must check with everyone in your household to confirm. If you cannot confirm this or you/someone in your household has/have/have had symptoms in the last 14 days , please let us know and we will reschedule your lesson. If you/your household/anyone you have been close to develop symptoms after sending the form, please let Eximo know immediately and we will reschedule the lesson. Please get a test asap and let Eximo know your test result.
- If students/teachers show any of the above symptoms in the lesson, the lesson will be broken up immediately and will be rescheduled after a minimum of 14days. The symptomatic person shall return home immediately. Both teacher and students shall arrange to have a test done through the government website as soon as possible and stay home self-isolating for 14 days or until and if the test results come back negative
- The venue will also be notified if symptoms occur during a lesson
Checklist for your lessons:
- Take hand sanitiser with you and use frequently
- Have your mask/visor on properly before entering the venue
- Take any lesson material you need – make sure you have checked with your teacher and teacher to have told your student what to bring
- Teachers to bring wipes with them in case they need to touch an instrument/equipment the student is using that cannot be avoided
- Parents to make sure they are available and in close proximity to the lesson in case it needs to be stopped if symptoms appear
- Teachers to take a measure tape and masking tape to lessons
Please read the Brighton Electric Guidelines and H&S below:
Health and Safety
Following the closure of the studio, our priority was to ensure our staff were supported and our clients reassured. It’s been a strange time, and we’re very grateful for the patience and understanding everyone has shown as we’ve navigated this challenge.
Here is our Health and Safety ACTION PLAN.
- We will be disinfecting rooms and equipment between practices
- We’ll promote a ‘one way’ guest flow through the studio.
- New signage and focus points will be added across the studio to promote hygiene and social distancing.
- We will accept card payments only
- We are following a maximum people per room policy
- There will be hand sanitiser by reception and we will ask everyone to use this upon arrival.
- Please do not come if you feel unwell or have a temperature. If traveling by public transport, please wear a facemask on your journey.
- The Public Areas:
- The Bar and Garden area will be open for a maximum amount of people at one time. We’re still figuring this out.
- The staff will be wearing facemarks
- There will be a perspex barrier between staff and clients on reception
- We will regularly be cleaning surface areas, including light switches and door handles.
When You Arrive:
- Enter one at a time, try to slightly stagger your bands arrival.
- Please use the sanitiser by reception
- Take note of the social distancing rules and the one way system which will be marked on the floor.
Rooms And Equipment:
- Please adhere to the Maximum amount of people per room when booking your rehearsal
Small Room - Max 1 person
Medium Room - Max 3 people
Large Room - Max 4/5 people
Studio 45 - Max 7/8
- Please ask for the equipment you need on arrival as normal - We will disinfect everything we pass to you beforehand.
- We will provide you with a fully disinfected room and equipment by using Ramsol disinfectant mist spray between practices.
- We will provide disposable covers for the microphones and disposable gloves (should you wish to use them)
When You Leave:
- Please pack up any gear you have borrowed from us and leave in the green box at the drop off point near the front door.
- Please leave promptly using the one-way system in reception. Please do not hang around (as much as we’d love to see you!)
- Please be patient with us while we get this right. There will be a slight adjustment period and we want to make sure we do this properly.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM 1-2 DAYs BEFORE YOUR LESSON
NO SOONER THAN 48HRS BEFORE
NO LATER THAN 24HRS BEFORE
All fields must be filled out and all boxes ticked. Failing to do so will end up in an error message and you will have to go back and do it all again