Procedure for Lessons at 3rd party Covid Safe Venue
*Even though legal measures have changed, the risk of infection and therefore our risk assessment remain unchanged and procedures will stay the same. You get the option on your declaration form to declare if you absolutely cannot wear a mask, in which case your teacher can make an informed decision whether to go ahead with the lesson.*
1) Check you are allowed face to face lessons:
✓ If the student/teacher and anyone in their household is considered vulnerable/at risk, please discuss taking face to face lessons with the vulnerable person before having lessons.
✓ Regarless of the new self-isolation rules coming into effect on 16th August - To have face to face lessons, you must declare if you have been contacted by Test & Trace, tested positive, or been a contact of a confirmed case so your teacher can make an informed decision even if you are fully vaccinated
✓ Make sure you haven’t had any of the following symptoms in the last 10 days: Cough, Fever or chills, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhoea
✓ Students and teachers will still be expected to wear a face mask / socially distance (unless exempt). If you cannot wear one for other reasons, you can declare this on the declaration form so your teacher can make an informed decision. Full refunds are available if your teacher does not want to proceed with the lesson and online is not an option for you.
✓ Please read through the procedures and communicate if extra advice is needed to be able to adhere to all the policies and only proceed if you are happy with the policies
✓ Parents may not be able to sit in (please check) but must be reachable, available and able to collect their child quickly if symptoms shall occur during the lesson
2) Use the LESSON RESERVE FORM
to reserve your lesson time. You can request to reserve a regular slot so you can skip this step in the future. You can also communicate with Eximo directly to arrange your lessons.
3) Send DECLARATION FORM & MAKE PAYMENT
Take a Lateral Flow Test
- To mitigate infection risks, we ask students and teachers to take a free LFT. This applies to students of secondary school age and over as well as for any accompanying adult attending the lesson to take a free lateral flow test on the day of lesson. If not possible on the day, then no more than 3-4 days before the lesson - https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- At least 3 days before the lesson, fill out the online declaration form and make the payment. If no form is received, your lesson will not be booked.
- If you/your household/anyone you have been close to develop symptoms, or you have been contacted by Test&Trace after sending the form, please let Eximo know immediately and we will reschedule the lesson. Please get a PCR test asap and let Eximo know your test result. If negative, we can resume lessons when symptoms are gone. If positive, follow government guidelines https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- The declaration form will take you to payment.
- If you have to cancel within 48hrs for any reason other than illness, our venue cancellation policy applies a 50% charge
4) Get ready for your lesson:
- Wash your hands before you leave
- Take hand sanitiser with you and use frequently
- Take any lesson material you need – if you’re unsure what you need, please check with your teacher what to bring
- Parents to make sure they are available and in close proximity to the lesson in case it needs to be stopped if symptoms appear
- Parents are advised to stay out of the lesson if possible to minimise the number of people in a room. In this case we can set up a live stream of the lesson so parents can follow/have an input into the lesson. Please contact Eximo in advance to check if parents can sit in or alternatively request a Zoom streaming link. If parent/adult can stay with the child, they also must wear a face mask or have declared on the form that they cannot do so
- Do not pack any foods to eaten in the lesson, take drinks in a closed container such as a bottle and keep in a bag when not being used.
- It might be a good idea to use the toilet before departure to avoid going at the venue
- Put on your face mask of your choice. You may wear an additional visor for extra protection.
Both teachers and students & their assigned adult (if applicable) must wear a face mask (unless declared on the form). Clich here to watch how to use a face mask. FFP2/3 masks are a great option especially for singing. They provide space around the mouth area. You can click here to read up on the protection evidence.
5) Ready to go:
- Make sure you everything you need with you and worked out your route to get there in time. Your lesson cannot be extended if you are late.
6) Entering the venue:
- The venue is responsible for all necessary cleaning, signage, etc. If you find this unsatisfactory, please contact the venue immediately and inform Eximo about your complaint. Eximo does not take responsibility for the H&S in the venue. Our extra safety measures are in place for the specific teaching practises happening whilst in the venue to reduce risk of transmission during lesson times.
- Your Teacher will meet you at reception or where agreed. Use hand sanitiser when entering. Do not drop children off unattended, they must be handed over to the teacher.
7) Starting your lesson:
- Follow your teacher socially distanced to the teaching space
- The teaching room will be as ventilated as possible, please dress appropriately
- Previous advice for social distance has been the following, please keep to it as much as possible:
*For Piano lessons, this will be a distance of 1m+ at all times and maintain 2m wherever and whenever possible
*For Singing lessons this will be a distance of at least 2m apart, where possible 3m or better, as far as possible without compromising the lesson quality.
- When singing, do not face each other but either stand side to side or back to back
- If piano teachers want to demonstrate something and do not have a separate piano available, the teacher will wipe the piano thoroughly before and after using it use hand sanitiser before /after touching the piano. You're also encouraged to use hand sanitiser before touching the piano again
- Handing out sheet music should be avoided where possible. Please make sure that you arrive prepared
- If students/teachers/accompanying adult show any of the symptoms outlined above in the lesson, the lesson will be broken up immediately and will be rescheduled. Both teacher and students shall arrange to have a PRC test done as soon as possible and follow self-isolation rules - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
8) Before you leave
- Make sure you know what you need to practise and pack all your belongings
- You can use the hand sanitiser on the way out
- Parents must be ready to collect their children at the end of the arranged lesson time. Teachers cannot be held responsible to watch children if parents are running late. In this case the child will have to wait by the exit. Eximo cannot be responsible for the waiting time of your child due to late pick up
9) Have a great time
We know this is a lot to take in and follow but it is our priority and duty to make sure everyone is as safe as possible. We hope you have a great time and will thoroughly enjoy your face to face lessons.
10) Don’t hesitate to get in touch
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about your lessons please don’t hesitate to get in touch, Eximo wants to make this the best and safest experience as possible for you